If you have ever put on a yard sale, you feel my pain right now... right between the shoulder blades. No complaints, though, because we had such a great day. I swore I would never do another yard sale after the first one we did when we started the adoption process, but that just goes to show you that you should never say never! When we found out we were moving, it just made sense to have a sale to sell the stuff we didn't want to move, and our family and friends were so generous to donate as well. It was a long day, and I am beyond exhausted with a seriously sunburned face, but we purged the house for the move and added $1,059 to the adoption fund in the process! Awesome!
My parents took a whole van-load home with them and they are having yet another sale the first weekend of May. Between that and the few larger items we kept to put on craigslist, we might just crack $1,500! At this point, we are only about $1,650 from the adoption fund being back in the black. I know the Lord will continue to make a way. For now, I'm going to take a hot bath and go to bed early with gratitude in my heart for the sweet family and friends who stood with us today, and for the Lord always making a way... always.
No comments:
Post a Comment