Saturday, March 30, 2013

Be a Piece of the Puzzle

I only have one picture of my Lotus Bud, but I have learned it by heart.  After we sent the final agency payment off this week and our finally-in-the-black adoption fund plummeted back into red, I realized my breathing had become shallower, my heart rate a little more rapid.  

"O you of little faith."

I love that He comforts and reassures me like a child.  He hasn't stopped making a way.  I just haven't seen today's manna yet.

I look at this picture and pray He is also reassuring my daughter that she is loved and cared for, even before she knows that she has a family waiting for her.  I want her to remember that always: that we aren't loving her because no one else would, but because she is worthy of love.  She is delighted in, rejoiced over simply because she is intrinsically precious.

Would you like to be part of that reminder?

I am having a giant jigsaw puzzle made with her picture, and those words of love written across it.  Each $10 donation will add a piece to the puzzle, and everyone who donates a puzzle piece(s) will have their names written on the back of the finished pictureWe will frame it, and she will always have it as a reminder that even when she was still on the other side of the globe, there were hundreds of people here who loved her, cared for her, cheered her on, and wanted her home with her forever family.  And finishing the puzzle will also give us the last boost we need to complete our funding.  This is it, the final push to knock out that barrier.  It will be a constant reminder to us of how blessed we are to have you, our "village" behind us as we bring our daughter home, and how a way was always provided right when we needed it.  And it will be a constant reminder to her that she is worth fighting for.  

If you would like to be a tangible piece of the puzzle, you can click the "Donate" button in the top right corner of our blog, or if you prefer to mail a check directly to us, please contact me at nightingale251 at gmail dot com.  You can donate one piece or multiple pieces based on where you are and what you feel led to do.  Please also share this link on Facebook, Twitter, your blog, by email, word of mouth... and anywhere else you can think of!  Most people drop $10 without thinking about it for coffee, ice cream, or lunch out, so the hope in this project is that it offers an approachable way to be involved for just about anyone.  The key to this will be getting the word out to as many folks as possible, so shout it out! 
 
I can't post the picture on a public blog until LB is legally declared to be ours by the Indian court in her region, but you can see her sweet eyes.  I see a deep, deep heart in those soul windows.  I can't wait to see them in person, when we are face to face for the first time.
          

1 comment:

  1. Just donated for the puzzle! I cannot wait to "meet" your little LB!

    ReplyDelete

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care