Friday, October 18, 2013

Approximate time frames

I've had a lot of friends and family asking about timelines for bringing JP home from this point.  While nothing is guaranteed in adoption, and time frames can vary greatly from region to region, I do have some ballpark estimates that our agency gave us earlier this year.  Type A friends, enjoy the list, and then embrace whatever inkling there might be of Type B in your brain, because these estimates can and do change all the time.  Trust me, I'm breathing deeply with you.

ARC, state level approval: No one knows, but we're hoping for movement soon.

NOC, "No Objection Certificate" given by the federal government of Ind*a: 8-16 weeks, but based on the news from our orphanage, we believe ours will basically be immediately after ARC approval since C&RA has already processed our case.

Case is filed with the local court: Their guidelines say within 15 days of NOC

Court passes case: 8-16 weeks (can vary greatly)

Written court orders sent to orphanage: 2-4 weeks after passing court (can vary greatly)

Orphanage applies for JP's passport: approximately 4 weeks (you guessed it... can vary greatly)

C&RA issues Article 23: should be happening simultaneously with the passport.

Travel!

Hope that helps a bit!  Obviously, there is a lot of room for flexibility.  Once we get past ARC, I am hoping that we will be within 3-4 months of traveling since NOC has already been processed.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care