Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hope In The Waiting

We are still waiting for ARC at 17 weeks, not exactly the record I was hoping to set for our agency.  I don't know all the details of why the ARC is sitting on about 72 cases right now, and what I do know, I can't share publicly.  Let's just say there is a big political/legal stink, and unfortunately, children and families who have nothing to do with it have been caught in the middle.  A court case has been heard this week, and there are more yet to come that may have an effect on the situation, but we are cautiously hopeful that we will begin to see movement soon.  Of course, cautiously hopeful sometimes translates to, "I'll believe it when I see it," depending on the day hour.

Thankfully, we did get some very unexpected, wonderful news from our agency yesterday.  Our orphanage director applied for our NOC (federal approval) at the same time they applied for ARC (state approval) back in June.  I didn't even know that was possible, but I kind of love this guy for doing it.  He emailed our agency yesterday and said that our NOC has already been processed!  C&RA can't give us official approval until we have cleared ARC, but once that happens, our understanding is that official NOC will be immediate.  That is extremely encouraging considering we were expecting to wait 1-3 months for it after ARC.  With all of the bureaucracy and maddening red tape, it is so wonderful to know that there are indeed officials and people in the position to help in Ind*a who truly care about putting kids in families.  I wanted to believe that from the start, but when everything seems to take so much longer than it should, it is a breath of fresh air to see people working tenaciously and proactively on our daughter's behalf.

So for now, we wait.  There should be a roof on our house by the end of the weekend, which is a long awaited victory as well.  Perhaps now, the weather at least will not be such a volatile factor in dictating our progress.  We are still praying and working hard to have our certificate of occupancy by Thanksgiving, or shortly thereafter.  I am beyond ready for a place to call home, for a little stability, and to be centered in one safe haven rather than being constantly torn between different locations.  Pray with us for favor, for no more delays, and for supernatural strength and peace as we ride out the last tumultuous weeks of this crazy year.  What a story this will be.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care