Sunday, July 6, 2014

Make new friends, but keep the old

My posts have been heavy these past months.  And I thank you for bearing with me as I verbalize to process and struggle through all of these personal difficulties and adjustments.  But this is not a heavy post.  Today I play scribe to chronicle pure sweetness.

We have been given the gift of a relationship with the family who adopted JP's friend with whom she shared a bed at her orphanage.  Until now, it has been an online friendship: FB messages, an attempt at Skype, pictures and encouragement.  This weekend, we were able to reunite our girls in person, and hug each others' necks for the first of what I hope will be many times.

We only had a few hours together, but they were perfect.  Our families meshed as if we had been friends for ages.  Our girls hugged, held hands, ran through sprinklers, blew bubbles, and rocked the sidewalk chalk in the beautiful sunshine.  


 I am so thankful for those moments, and so thankful that our girls will be able to stay in touch and have a friend who has walked in the same shoes to share joys and struggles with for years to come.  I am also grateful beyond measure for our friendship as families.  It is a huge blessing to have people in our life who are walking the path we are walking, who are doing the same hard work we are doing, who "get" us and the various challenges that come with this specific life changing journey.  The road is hard, but my heart is full.  What a gift this is.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care