Sunday, October 23, 2011

Yard Sale Success!

Well, we worked hard, and with the help of several donors, and a couple of helpful friends, we raised $800 for our adoption fund!  We passed some of our donation boxes along to someone else, but we still have several bigger items (and when I say several, I mean one side of our garage is packed full) that we are selling on craigslist.  You can view a basic list here and I will gladly respond to emails for more details on particular items.  If you know anyone looking for baby gear, kids clothes, furniture, toys, etc., please send them our way!


We have our first meeting with our local home study agency tomorrow.  We'll get some paperwork to take home and start working on, and upon completion, we'll pay our application and home study fee, which will be roughly $1800.  We're hoping that between the yard sale and the remaining craigslist items, we will be pretty close to paying for that completely.  


I am so grateful for our friends, Gary and Vicki, who came out bright and early Friday morning to help move all our yard sale items out into the yard!  N wasn't feeling well and was up very early, and I was the one who had everything organized and priced (mostly in my head), so I really needed to be out there.  There is no physical way I could have gotten all those tables and boxes out there on my own, so they were absolutely my heroes!


We had some sweet friends come out Friday and Saturday to support, and a couple of people who wrote checks for their items, that when I looked at them, were four times the amount due!  I was blown away by their generosity.  We met some new friends from the neighborhood, one of which is actually from Delhi!  He was so kind, and offered to help me with language in anyway he could (since he speaks 3-4 Indian languages!).  We don't know which state we will be adopting from, yet, but it is wonderful to know that we have someone close by who is willing to help in that way.  


All in all, the weekend was a success.  I am wiped out, and haven't managed to sleep through the night for three nights now.  Hopefully, the stress from last week and the weekend will start to dissipate, and we'll be able to take it easy between church this morning and small group tonight.  =)  Thanks again to those who donated, helped, and gave this past week!  We couldn't have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care