After a month of trying to figure out how to orchestrate finances, we finally sent out our application to our adoption agency today! As soon as they get it, they will email us the dossier paperwork. We also got the invoice for our home study this morning, and immediately put that check in the mail so we can get started with our social worker asap. So hopefully, we will be working on our home study and dossier paperwork within the next week. Of the $7300+ that we put out today, only a little over $2K came from our fundraising ventures, so we are really praying that the Lord will just blow us away with his provision in the coming months. Our initial milestone, which will get us paid up through everything we need to get our documents over to India is roughly $11K, so we still have a ways to go.
However, I am trying not to stress out about the dollar signs that just happen to be smacking us upside the head right now, because our God is big enough to provide, even when we can't see how in the world He's going to do it. Right now, I'm just incredibly grateful that we are truly plunging head first into the paper chase that will bring our baby home.
I've read that "paper pregnant" moms often experience similar emotions to biologically pregnant moms, and I am starting to recognize that as being completely true! Poor S! This will be a much longer pregnancy than when N was in her studio apartment, but I am already feeling the urge to nest at the very beginning, just like I did with her. If I remember correctly, I started moving furniture around in the nursery about two weeks after finding out we were expecting. At least then we were only a few months out. This time we have a couple of years! Still, I feel that Mamaw P. gene kicking in... Our house may look different every time people come over. You just never know! But I do know this, my sweet baby, we are coming!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment