...it pours.
No, there is nothing drastically wrong. This was just supposed to be our "laid back" day for the week with only one adoption related appointment. I woke up at 5:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. Things continued to almost comically worsen as the day continued, from a stolen credit card number (my second in the the past month), to all of my technological devices ceasing to function simultaneously, to a broken mothers ring, and culminating in discovering that N has a fever of 102.6 tonight. What could make that even more interesting, you might ask? The fact that tomorrow S and I will divide and conquer to cram in a total of four adoption related appointments within a two hour period of time, one of which is our poor baby getting stabbed for a TB test. That would be less than fun under normal circumstances, but I feel awful having to do it when she already feels so badly. PLEASE pray that her temperature is normal tomorrow morning and that she feels like herself again.
There is good news, though, so let's end with that. We got the remainder of our birth and marriage certificates in the mail today, which is no small deal considering I thought it would take six weeks. We also got fingerprinted today, and will hopefully have our police clearance results by the end of the week. That means that we could potentially have all of our paperwork in by the end of this week! One of my meetings tomorrow is my individual interview with our social worker. S is scheduled for next week. I'm hoping to have completed all of our Hague training by then as well. If all of the aforementioned comes together as I hope (I'm just asking for it... I know...), we could officially have our part of the home study finished by the end of next week. Our social worker will then do a home visit and write up her final report on us. Then, from what I understand, we send the completed home study to our placement agency, which will approve it or ask us to make any corrections, and then forward it on to India, which would make us eligible for a referral at any point after that.
That is exciting news! It seems close, but still very far away, and hangups are always a distinct possibility with adoption. So we'll be prepared for the challenges, hope for the best, and just worry about today. Well, I'll be honest... I'm pretty worried about tomorrow. Please pray especially for N, that the Lord would heal her little body, and make the test tomorrow as trauma-free as possible. Thanks, friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment