Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Climbing the mountain

I wish I had something exciting to update.  In reality, I am spending most of my free time trying to wade through our homestudy checklist and our dossier checklist (which is six pages long).  I actually had to color code the dossier checklist just to try and break it down into things I could accomplish on my own, and documentation I had to request from others.  It looks like we could be waiting about six weeks to get our birth certificates.  Then we get to send them right back to have them apostilled.  I'm trying to gather as much documentation together as I can and then go have it notarized, certified, and apostilled all at the same time.  That will help in keeping up with expiration dates, but it is all incredibly overwhelming.  I'm just taking it one day at a time, making it a goal to take care of at least one thing on the list each day if possible.  I don't know that I'd really call this a paper chase.  It's more like a paper plod!

I have, however, been living vicariously through many family blogs that I've been following as they travel to meet their sweet babies for the first time.  What a surreal thought.  I can't even imagine.  It seems like the paperwork is taking forever, but at the same time, it's hard to imagine what it will be like to see a picture of our little one someday, to know her name and her story.  That's why this must be a journey.  The Lord prepares us for each step so that when it happens, it no longer seems surreal but predestined, as if it could not be any other way.  I am truly grateful, not just for this calling, but for the journey, where the Father molds and shapes our hearts and minds.  Perhaps, next Thanksgiving, we will have a new little face for which to be thankful, even if there are still many miles between us.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care