Friday, December 30, 2011

What's in a name? Part Deux

Ok, only two people responded to my plea for help coming up with a nickname for our wee one (thanks, Mom!).  That's all right, though, because I got a great idea from a book I'm reading.  If you recall, we called N Li'l Bit when she was in her studio apartment (i.e. my womb).  That name also came from a book I love called The Last Sin Eater.  Check it out (and buy it on amazon through our blog!).  

I am currently reading A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Charmichael.  Several years into her life as a missionary, Amy learned of the horrible plight of temple children (child prostitutes) in India, and felt a distinct calling to rescue them from such a heinous life.  She spent the rest of her life caring for those children, whom she referred to as her little lotus buds.

Li'l Bit.  Lotus Bud.  It's a match made in heaven, quite literally.   

1 comment:

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care