I'm going to have to come back at some point and write something poetic about all of this, but at the moment, I am completely overwhelmed with emotion. The only reason I am functioning at all is by the grace of God.
As if yesterday's miracle wasn't enough, the blessings just keep getting poured out on us. I woke up to an email this morning that said, "Good news; the adoption order was passed this morning."
Umm... excuse me?
Yes, that's right. Our orphanage filed our case with the local court this morning, AND THEY PASSED IT IMMEDIATELY. We were granted full adoption rights, and the written documents will be released after the final fee is wired to the court. After yesterday's news, I was fairly confident we would travel by the spring. Now, it looks like it will be in the next 4-8 weeks. Talk about a Christmas gift!
I am floored, blown away, overjoyed, and completely overwhelmed. At this point, we are frantically working to finish what needs to be done to get the certificate of occupancy on our house. That should happen by the end of the month, or the first of December. We have to move before we travel, because the last thing our sweet JP needs is to be brought into the chaos of a move on top of entering an entirely new culture, family, and language, all with new and different sights, sounds, smells, and experiences. No, she deserves to come home to a safe haven, not a nut house. =) So please pray with us that we get that certificate by the end of the month so we have no other obstacles keeping us from bringing our precious girl home.
Along with the flurry of paperwork and house responsibilities, I am also hoping to find out clothing/shoe sizes, and other pertinent information. Something tells me she won't be bringing any winter items with her! I'd give my eye teeth for a personal assistant right now, but I'm just going to have to make really good lists, and do my best to compartmentalize like my husband does. He is slammed with work right now, which is both great and really hard, so I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of solo parenting with N while I try to manage adoption and house responsibilities. Please pray. We are thrilled, but there is a LOT that needs to happen before we get on a plane for India.
Thank you to all of you who are rejoicing with us because of this incredible news. What an awesome God we serve!! Seriously... this is unheard of in India adoption: we were expecting more like three months to pass court. But we've had ARC, NOC, and now passing court within 24 hours. Absolutely amazing. He was not kidding when He said "It's time to walk forward." I can't believe that was only 72 hours ago. Wow. Just, wow.
Can I just say that it is mind blowing that there is now officially another little Baby S in the world?
Love how God does this!!!!! So happy for y'all, my friend!
ReplyDelete