Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Immeasurably More

Setback after setback.  Delay after delay.  Battle after battle.  Oh, how weary my soul has been.  As I prayed today that we would pass the final electrical inspection (which we're still waiting on the inspector to show up for), I just began quoting every single Scripture I could think of.  I knew I needed my armor on, and the only offensive weapon in that armor is the Sword of the Spirit... the Word of God.  So I spoke it out loud, as many as came to mind.  And I waited.

The phone rang.

Our foreman called to say that the director of codes (whom I left a message for yesterday) had stopped by the house, and said that tomorrow he would bring us a 30 day temporary certificate of occupancy.

Bless the LORD, O my soul.

I asked for a miracle, and after a time of suffering, He gave an even bigger one than I requested.  Oh, how He gives good gifts!

On the adoption front, we got some news this morning that the foreign court has reported that the bank "returned" our check.  The bank has no record of this.  The funds are still there.  We are not sure what the mix up is, and are waiting to hear, but whatever it is, I know a way will be made.  Our God will come through.  He keeps parting seas and moving mountains.  He won't stop now.  So for now, we rejoice!  And we continue to pray without ceasing, believing that our great God goes before and behind.  Blessed be the Name of the LORD!

1 comment:

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care