Thursday, August 29, 2013

Beauty From the Ashes

We put together a scratch vocal of a song I wrote late last year about our adoption process.  This was our first go at GarageBand (we don't have a studio) and we mainly just wanted to get it down.  It's a very rough recording, but I hope it can be an encouragement to others who are waiting.  I had only posted it on our private blog originally, but with everything going on in our lives right now, I just wanted to remind myself that He brings beauty from the ashes.



Come Home  
original words and music copyrighted

I remember the moment
When I first knew you were waiting for me
And I saw my road to you
Led between parted walls of pounding sea

Half a world apart
As your story is written page by page
And we're dreaming of the moment
When He says "This is the day"
When He brings

Beauty from the ashes
And makes you his own
Gathered from the nations
He's bringing you home

A bittersweet aching
Loved before I ever saw your face
You are worth every battle
May God bring us to the place
Where He brings 


Beauty from the ashes
And makes you his own
Gathered from the nations
He's bringing you home

 
You are not forgotten
You are not alone
The victory's won
Your shackles undone
And you're coming home

'Cause He brings

Beauty from the ashes
And makes you his own
Gathered from the nations
He's bringing you 

So please come home
Please come home  

3 comments:

  1. This song is absolutely beautiful. I know this is an older post, but as a fellow India adoptive mom, I've been loving digging through your archives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lucy. Sorry I just saw this. =) We IndiMamas "get" each other in a special way. Blessings on you and your family!

      Delete
    2. P.S. If you ever want to talk to someone who understands where you are, feel free to contact me. I just hopped over to your blog. We moved right at the end of our adoption and barely made it in before we had to get on a plane... CRA.ZY. So I hear you. And more importantly, God hears you; God sees you, even when it doesn't feel like it. I still tell myself that everyday, and we've been home nearly a year. This is definitely a marathon. {{hugs}} amandarsanfilippo at gmail dot com

      Delete

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care