"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me!"
I have watched my Father make a way in the wilderness countless times over the past 22 months. At some times, I walked through fire to see the blessing, and at others, He sent completely unexpected gifts. Well, I've got a big one to add to the gifts list.
Many of you know that we rather unexpectedly sold our house. It was unexpected because we had not yet put it on the market! So not only did we skip putting it on the market and only clean for one showing (a miracle in and of itself with dogs and a preschooler in the mix), but we completed the entire transaction without any realtor fees. We closed the deal last week, and I've been waiting to see how everything settled out financially since I knew that we would be netting more than we had anticipated. My hubby said some pretty magical words to me today: Our estimated travel expenses are COVERED. Like fully and completely... covered. Done. Taken care of. Commence celebrating!
We have prayed and prayed asking the Lord to make a way to get JP home, and after working our tails off for nearly two years, He drops this little beauty on us. I wouldn't change the fire walks - not for a minute- every excruciating moment of suffering thus far and yet to come have only served to soften me, and to draw me into the heart of my good, good Father. I don't view suffering with dread like I used to. It's not like I'm jumping up and down with excitement every time I have a trial to walk through, and you will probably see me beating my head against the wall or sobbing into a pillow at times, but He is teaching me to approach this life, to approach HIM, with open hands. Hands that are open to accept the suffering and the joy, because I can't know him without knowing both of those things. Yes, they are both grace.
But this time, I got to open my hands and receive a gift of complete provision. Simply joy. Simply love.
We are nearly halfway to having each of our puzzle pieces with a name attached. We have decided to go ahead and, God willing, finish it out. We need 500 more pieces at $10 a piece. JP has a specific special need that is chronic, and will need immediate and ongoing care. The remaining puzzle pieces will bring in $5,000, which just happens to be the deductible we have to hit before insurance will start helping us out with JP's medical expenses. We are expecting to spend that in a pretty short period of time after she gets home with all of the appointments she will have in general, and also with a specialist for her specific medical needs. If you or someone you know would like to be a part of that, we humbly and gratefully thank you for your support. The Lord has made it very clear that He has called us to this sweet girl, and that He will make a way to provide for her needs. We are so thankful to everyone who has supported us in so many ways on this journey thus far: family, friends, complete strangers... it is truly amazing to see everything coming together after all this time.
"Bless the LORD, O my soul..."
No comments:
Post a Comment