Friday, January 6, 2012

Divine intervention

I suppose it is always much easier to see in hindsight.  I was so frustrated that people and agencies who had gone over and above to clearly communicate every step of the way thus far could suddenly seem so befuddled and confused, like the people building the tower of Babel.  Didn't they know how crucial it was that our home study be complete by the end of the year so it could be ready to send to India at the first of 2012?

Well, it seems that what could not be resolved over the course of a few days before Christmas was taken care of in a few hours yesterday.  Our social worker emailed me yesterday to let me know her questions had been answered, and our home study would be finished in a few hours and in our mailbox by Monday at the latest.  

I felt the steadying hand of my Father on my shoulder at that moment, reassuring me that what had held us back over the past two weeks was not the sudden ineptitude of man, but the hand of God.  He knows.  He sees.  He was gently but firmly keeping us where we were to ensure that our paperwork would be in exactly the right place at exactly the right time.  The thought that His plan is so incredible and precise in this brings an ache to my heart.  I absolutely cannot wait to see what amazing things He has in store, but I will.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care