Our social worker did a great job getting our home study redone last week. The content has not changed, but we now have the information re-sized to fit on nine pages instead of thirteen. I've finished all of our county notarizations and certifications today, and I'm hoping to have our last two documents notarized tomorrow and ready to go downtown for certification. We can then get all of it apostilled and mail it out to our agency.
Unfortunately, with India's new regulations, our agency will not be able to register us with India until we have our USCIS approval. It has been mailed (and we won't need to send a new home study since the content is the same... thank you, Lord!), but it will probably take 2-3 months to get that approval. So we thought we would be in line for a referral last week, but it now looks like it will take a few more weeks. Thankfully, we can just fax that in as soon as it comes and then we'll be good to go.
India will only allow agencies to register a certain number of dossiers each month, but special needs and "older child" adoptions will not count toward that quota. I am hoping that requesting a child between the ages of 2-5 will be considered an older child, and therefore will not cause a delay even with that new regulation in place. We shall see. For now, I am just continuing to trust the Lord's timing as I wade through all the red tape and finish up the last leg of this paper chase. S's big January deadlines are finally over, so feeling like I have a husband again will be a big stress relief! It's been a long month, and this soldier is feeling a little weary today. Please keep those prayers coming, dear friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment