If you read my last post, you may recall that I was hoping to make a "quick" trip to get our home study certified, apostilled, and off to our placement agency today. Once again, let's all pause to chuckle to ourselves.
My travels took me on quite an adventure to an abandoned building, which was definitely NOT the County Clerk's office, to the real County Clerk's office where I tried to politely (and briefly) answer the small talk of a somewhat creepy old lech during my 30 minute wait. I then took a quick jaunt over to another part of the city and a not-so-quick jaunt around the adjacent blocks looking for parking. Thankfully, the apostille was obtained very quickly, and I even discovered that there was a post office in that very building, which was, of course, closed. Since I was hesitant dead set against going on another parking hunt, I just decided to leg it up a few blocks to the nearest post office. It's a pretty day, right? Might as well get some exercise! I finally found the post office and mailed that home study to the west coast.
Three hours after leaving the house, I've just arrived home, and I'm looking at the stack of dossier papers that will require the exact same process (with a few other notary and County Clerk visits in between) as soon as we get our last bits of information. Perhaps I'll just block out a whole day for that little adventure when the time comes. Oh, and I'll pack snacks. Food is good.
Thank you, loyal reader, for allowing me to briefly indulge my sense of humor on yet another hoop that we managed to jump through. And on a more serious note, thank, you faithful prayer warriors for your continued intercession. It is very obvious that in this war, our enemy is not going to give up even the tiniest bit of ground easily. So be it. I can still laugh, because he is beaten before he begins. Today, 24 years after the day I turned my life over to Christ, all I can do is laugh for sheer joy, because my Savior moves mountains and breathes stars into place, and He will bring us to our Lotus Bud no matter how many obstacles are thrown in our path.
No comments:
Post a Comment