Friday, January 13, 2012

USCIS application on the way!

I've been a little nervous about my OCD tendencies lately when it comes to double and triple checking all of our adoption paperwork before mailing it.  Ok, ok, it's more like a couple dozen times.  BUT, in good news, it paid off this morning.  

I've been simultaneously working on organizing our dossier with my handy color coded page tabs, and putting our USCIS application and supporting documents together.  As I rushed out the door to the post office on my way to work out this morning, I realized that I had everything needed with our application... except S's signature.  Brilliant.  I admit, the realization of what I was about to do made my stomach lurch.  I'm so thankful the Lord brought it to the forefront of my mind at the last minute, because there was a whole slew of other distractions racing around up in there at that moment.  I'm sure the other folks at the post office were giving me dubious looks as, in my renewed paranoia, I triple checked my list, envelope contents, and USCIS address before sealing everything up and dropping it down the chute, past the point of no return.

I believe it takes a couple of months to process our USCIS application, but we're one step (and one more hefty check) closer to the goal!  I think I'll go flip through our dossier again... <eye twitches> 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care