Friday, January 13, 2012

Prayer request: CARA and new dossiers

After mailing out our home study on Wednesday, I contacted our placement agency to find out what steps remained between their receiving our home study and our eligibility for a referral.  Surprisingly, they told me that as soon as they receive our home study, we are officially "in line" for a referral!  That is exciting news, because they should have our documents by Tuesday!  

Unfortunately, CARA (India's adoption authority) is not currently accepting new dossiers.  From what I understand, they closed things down for a while last summer while altering some regulations, and are trying to catch up on the backlog now that the wheels are turning again.  That was supposed to be finished in December, but now the word is that they will possibly be starting to accept new dossiers some time this month.  
I'm not certain, but I believe that we could get a referral without that changing, but may not be able to secure said referral until they are ready to accept our dossier.  India's priority is always to adopt their children out to Indian families.  So while losing a referral is not necessarily common, it can happen.  

So, all of that to say that we need you to join us in praying that that waiting cases in India are resolved quickly (I know my friends waiting for word that they can travel to get their daughters are already on their knees), and that CARA will officially begin accepting new dossiers THIS MONTH.  Let's be bold and specific in our prayers.  Thank you for your support!  

1 comment:

Shop amazon through our blog to help support our daughter's ongoing medical care